Standards of Conduct
All employees, consultants, and volunteers of Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership agree to abide by the standards of conduct as listed below.
I understand that I have responsibilities essential to the Company’s integrity and attainment of the organization’s goals. By signing a copy of this Standards of Conduct,
I agree that I will:
- Not discriminate or refuse professional services on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, or disability; respect and promote the unique identity of each client; and refrain from stereotyping;
- Follow the Company’s confidentiality policies concerning information about clients; respect and protect privileged information to which I have access; and, upon termination, maintain client and co-worker confidentiality;
- I will exercise whatever discretionary authority I have under the law to promote the interests of the poor and recognize that the chief function of the Community Action Movement at all times is to serve the best interests of the poor, thereby serving the best interests of all people;
- I will lead the Community Action Movement with respect, concern, courtesy, and responsiveness, recognizing that serve to the poor is beyond service to myself.
- Not allow any client to be left alone or unsupervised while under my care;
- Use positive methods of child guidance and will not engage in corporal punishment, emotional or physical abuse, or humiliation. In addition, I will not employ methods of discipline that involve isolation, the use of food as punishment or reward, or the denial of basic needs;
- Not solicit or accept personal gratuities, favors, or anything of significant monetary value from contractors or potential contractors, on behalf of EICAP Significant value is determined to be over $25.00;
- Not attempt to influence clients on issues such as religion, politics, or morality.
- Not participate in any lobbying activities using federal funds on behalf of EICAP I will avoid any interest or activity that is in conflict with the conduct of official duties.
- I will act in accordance with standards of professional integrity and will not use my professional relationship to further my own interests. I will serve in such a way that I do not realize undue personal gain from the performance of my professional duties.
- I accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up to date on emerging issues and to conduct myself with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, and effectiveness. I will keep the community informed about issues affecting the poor and facilitate communication by the poor with locally elected public officials and the private sector.
- I will respect the structure and responsibilities of the board of directors, provide them with facts and advice as a basis for their making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by the board of directors.
- I will perform my duties within the Company with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication, and compassion.
- I will demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all my community action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the community action movement.
- I will strive for professional excellence and encourage the professional development of our associates.