EASTERN IDAHO COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP
Position Title: Center Aide
Department: Head Start Program
Supervisor: Center Manager
Position Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Starting Wage: Grade 2
Last Reviewed: September 2016
This position assists the lead and assistant teacher in providing a supportive, safe, clean and enriched learning environment for children, parents, volunteers and team members. In some cases, this position is scheduled to work one on one with a particular student.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows the lead of the teaching team in all aspects of the classroom setting. Will prepare bulletin boards; assist other center staff in completing projects, clean and other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain classroom organization and assist staff in rotating materials on a regular basis or as needed
- Respect and promote the unique identity of each child and family and refrain from stereotyping on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, culture, religion, or disability.
- Use positive guidance methods at all times and adhere to the Agency’s policies regarding confidentiality at all times
- Respond to crisis or emergency situations that may occur.
- Exhibit a positive and professional attitude toward others, including parents, co-workers, community members, center visitors, and volunteers.
- In case of the absence of the assistant will assume the duties of the assistant, maintaining all classroom/program, policies, procedures and rules.
- Perform other as may be assigned on an occasional basis.
- As an employee of EICAP you will assume the responsibility of understanding your role in accomplishing the strategic goals and performance measures of the Agency.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or Equivalency Degree (GED). Recent experience with children required.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form. Excellent listening skills are required. Bi-lingual skills, (including speaking, writing, and reading Spanish), may be required depending on each center’s staffing needs.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of behaviors of three and four-year-old children and working knowledge of available community resources and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check, ability to secure daycare licensing, physical exam and Tuberculosis (TB) screening required.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and all common office machines required. Ability to work with specific computer software, including word processing and spread sheet programs. Adequate typing skills are necessary for this position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS:
Employee must have reliable transportation, be insurable and have a valid Idaho driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle objects. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms; and to stoop, kneel, bend, and sit on the floor.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership is an EEO employer.
Return completed applications with resumes to: 935 Lincoln Road Idaho Falls-ID; email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 208-542-8145.