Print This Page

Energy Assistance

Things you will need to bring to an appointment:

  • Social Security cards for all household members
  • 3-month gross income for the entire household
  • Your latest heating bill with account number and address
  • If you rent, your landlord's name, address and phone number
  • Your latest phone bill (see Telephone Assistance)

Please call our offices to make an appointment, we have to complete the application at our offices.

Energy Assistance is available to eligible households in our service area from November through March each year. Residents of Bingham County need to contact South Eastern Idaho Community Action Agency for Energy Assistance.

The program provides a one-time payment to a household's primary heat source utility company. The benefit is designed to help with the extra winter heat costs for each eligible household.

In order to be eligible for heating assistance, a household must meet the following income eligibility (Effective July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018):

Family Size

Monthly Income Limit

3-Month Income Limit EA

























Each additional member





For more information:
  • Email
  • Visit us at our office:
    935 E Lincoln Rd
    Idaho Falls, ID 83401
  • Phone us at (208) 522-5391
  • Visit or call our Lemhi & Custer County Outreach Office
    955 Riverfront Drive
    Suite A
    Salmon, ID 83467
    (208) 756-3999