EICAP Head Start is a 4 day a week, half a day preschool program for families with children ages 3-5.
Within Head Start classrooms, our staff is dedicated to helping children grow mentally, socially, emotionally and physically in many ways, including:
- Developing positive relationships with adults and other children.
- Offering the opportunity to socialize with others, solve problems and other experiences that help children become more self-confident.
- Our nutrition services provide healthy meals and snacks for all students.
- One function of health services is helping pay for medical and dental needs when a child needs treatment and is not covered by insurance and all other avenues have been exhausted.
- Ensuring that every child is given the best chance to succeed.
- Offering children with disabilities an environment in which their needs are considered without judgment.
Head Start differs from other pre-school programs because the services are not limited to the classroom or the child. Our support staff works with families and parents to:
- Be involved in shared decision making for our program.
- Be involved in activities that include the whole family.
- Continue their High School education.
- Help parents reach their goals.
At EICAP's Head Start, our philosophy is to make a place where children and families can grow together by providing a safe and healthy environment.
- We provide family support to parents with the resources they need to succeed at the most important job there is: raising healthy, responsible, productive and joyous children.
- We support the parent's role as the principle influence on their child's development and education.
- We increase children's competence in language, literacy, mathematics, science, creative arts, learning strategies, physical health, and social/emotional development.
- We validate the distinct personality and learning style of each child.
- We create an environment of trust, respect, acceptance, diversity and inclusion.
As approved by EICAP's Board of Directors and Head Start Policy Council December 2002
For more information:
If you are interested in Head Start for your son or daughter and you meet eligibility guidelines, you can start our application process by coming to one of our locations or downloading and mailing in an application.
- Visit us at our office:
935 E Lincoln Rd
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
- Call us at (208) 522-5370 x1067 or x1015