Health Services Articles
Six Questions to ask yourself that may help with STRESS
Are you looking for ways to manage stress with everyday living? Maybe these six questions will help you deal with stress.
- Change the way you look at things. Is the way you view events more stressful than the event itself?
- Do you focus on worries instead of concerns? Concerns can be changed, such as a burnt out light bulb. A worry is something you can't do anything about, like an earthquake.
- Do you keep a journal? Write about your good or bad feelings, not just what is happening in your life.
- Are your goals and values clear? Separate what you have to do and the things you want to do. As much as possible, focus on the things that have meaning and give you pleasure. Don't let negative moods distract you from your goals.
- Do you take time out of every day to relax? What are you waiting for? Do what you like to do.
- Are you getting physical activity daily? Physical activity boosts the body, mind and soul. What are you waiting for?