Print This Page

Property Tax Reduction

To apply, you can either:

  • Contact your county assessor for application materials. (The office is listed under County Offices in your telephone directory.)
  • Contact the EICAP Information and Assistance office by calling 522-5391 or email

The Property Tax Reduction (Circuit Breaker) program reduces property taxes for qualified applicants. The amount of reduction is based on income for the previous calendar year.

If you qualify, the property taxes on your home and up to one acre of land may be reduced by as much as $1,320.

You may qualify for property tax reduction in 2011 if you:

  1. Owned and lived in a home or mobile home in Idaho that was your primary residence before April 15, 2010, and
  2. Had income of $28,000 or less for 2010, and
  3. Met one or more of the following status requirements as of January 1, 2011
  • Age 65 or older
  • Widow(er)
  • Blind
  • Fatherless or motherless child under 18 years of age
  • Veteran with 10% or more service-connected disability or receiving a pension from Verteran's Affairs for a nonservice-connected disability
  • Disabled as recognized by the Social Security Administration, Railroad Retirement Board, or Federal Civil Service
You can access and fill out a form at this link: