When your name comes to the top of the Weatherization waiting list, a professional energy audit of your home must be performed. This process involves the following steps:
- The auditor comes to your home to perform the energy audit.
- The auditor will want to first discuss your home and any problems you feel you may be having.
- EICAP uses a computerized energy audit and the auditor will then inspect your home, evaluating energy systems and taking several measurements to complete the audit, including:
- Measuring the home.
- Checking the insulation levels in walls, attics, and crawl spaces or basements. These include all wall areas, attic, and basement or crawlspaces, and the doors and windows.
- Evaluating the heating system and water heater.
- Checking the home for air leakage.
For more information:
- Visit us at our office:
935 E Lincoln Rd
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
- Phone us at (208) 523-5466
- Fax us at (208) 523-7878