The Haven Shelter provides emergency shelter, short term transitional housing and supportive services to homeless families and single women. We work with people to develop a plan that will lead them to self-sufficiency. If our clients use the tools that are available at the shelter, they can make a better life for themselves.
The Haven believes the foundation to success is education.
- The GED program is available to anyone 16 years and older, not just Haven clients, the only requirement is to be low income.
- Hours for the program are 9 AM-6 PM, Monday through Friday. There is a tutor available. Self-paced, no classes, individual tutoring.
- Residents of the Haven that have not completed high school are encouraged to enroll in the GED program available at the Haven.
- After GED is obtained, residents are then encouraged to enroll in continuing education. Funding can be made available to assist successful residents obtain the necessary education.
- Residents that do have a high school diploma are also encouraged to enroll in continuing education and funding can be made available as well.
Things you should know:
- Every able-bodied adult must find and keep employment within 2 weeks of entering the Haven.
- Residents cannot spend nights away from the Haven.
- Residents must remain drug and/or alcohol free.
- Residents are required to participant in budgeting classes as well as any other service that will ensure their success in the program. These will include programs available from other agencies.
- Residents cannot have individuals that are not on the original applications stay with them at the Haven.
- Residents are not required to pay rent or utilities.
Necessities provided at time of move in to Haven Shelter: Clothing, bedding, toiletries, pot and pans, utensils, plates, bowls, short-term food.
We have a waiting list at The Haven. For more information:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit The Haven:
2480 S. Yellowstone Highway
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
- Phone us at (208) 523-6413