Why Should I Volunteer?
The experiences and memories acquired when sharing your time and helping others invaluable. You may:
- Gain the satisfaction of making a difference in someoneâ€™s life and our community
- Have fun and meet new people
- Challenge your attitudes and beliefs
- Experience team work
- Develop life- and work place-skills
- Demonstrate responsibility and dependability to future employment opportunities
- Explore career opportunities and enhance your resume or curriculum vitae
- Improve your self-confidence
- Grow personally
- Expand your community networks
We are looking for people of all ages with all types of skills, abilities, and available time to assist in any way that they can.
Volunteer activities are available at our
- Idaho Falls office
- Salmon office
- Head Start centers in Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, Driggs, Rexburg, Salmon
- Haven Homeless shelter
- Affordable Housing Complexes in Arco, Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, and Rexburg
- 3.6.1: Head Start Volunteers - The Head Start Program needs volunteers to assist in the class room and during family literacy programs and special events.
- 3.6.2: RSVP - RSVP is a volunteer program open to seniors aged 55 and over. Volunteers are given a pre-service orientation, on-the-job training from the placement agency or organization and supplemental insurance while on duty.
- 3.6.3: VOICE - VOICE improves the quality of care and makes a difference in the lives of elders who live in long-term-care facilities. Volunteers are trained and assigned to a facility to visit weekly, advocate and help solve problems for residents.
- 3.6.4: Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Download a volunteer form here!
- Contact us by email at
- Call us at 208-522-5391 and we will mail a volunteer form to you
- Pick a volunteer form up at our main offices at
935 E Lincoln Road, Idaho Falls, ID 83401
955 Riverfront Drive, Suite A, Salmon, ID 83467
To obtain a volunteer form:
Our volunteer form is in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. To view Adobe Acrobat PDFs, you may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader