Mission and Vision
Eastern Idaho Community Action Partnership helps and empowers at risk individuals and families meet their basic needs and increase their independence through support and education.
Eastern Idaho Community Action partnership creates opportunities for individuals and families to reach their highest level of independence and self-sufficiency. EICAP is widely recognized and respected by the public as a community asset that makes a difference in peoples’ lives. EICAP Board of Directors, staff and volunteers work efficiently with community partners to expand our role and impact in the community by responding to local needs.
* As approved by EICAP’s Board of Directors 2013
- Empowerment: EICAP believes in empowering participants with the skills, means, and opportunities to achieve maximum independence and self-sufficiency. We will design services and processes that empower people to take responsibility for their lives.
- Respect: EICAP believes in valuing the dignity of all human beings and seeks to treat all with kindness and respect.
- Collaboration: EICAP believes that by working together with the community we can best accomplish the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
- Continuous Learning: EICAP believes in continuous personal and professional growth of Board, staff, and volunteers. A well-trained organization is essential to our ability to serve the communities of Eastern Idaho.
- Accountability: EICAP believes in being accountable to the community and funding sources by providing our services efficiently and effectively.
- Integrity: EICAP believes that integrity is essential to our organization. EICAP associates with those who are honest and demonstrate high moral character.
- Innovation: EICAP believes that innovation and creativity are required to respond to continually evolving community needs. We seek opportunities to address emerging challenges.
The Promise of Community Action
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
Community Action Code of Ethics
We, as community action professionals, dedicate ourselves to eliminating poverty in the midst of plenty in this nation by opening to everyone the opportunity for education and training; the opportunity for work; and the opportunity to live in decency and dignity; and with respect for cultural diversity, commit ourselves to:
- Recognize that the chief function of the community action movement at all times is to serve the best interests of the poor, thereby serving the best interests of all people.
- Accept as a personal duty the responsibility to keep up to date on emerging issues and to conduct ourselves with professional competence, fairness, impartiality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Respect the structure and responsibilities of the board of directors, provide them with facts and advice as a basis for their making policy decisions, and uphold and implement policies adopted by the board of directors.
- Keep the community informed about issues affecting the poor; facilitate communication by the poor with locally elected public officials and the private sector.
- Conduct our organizational and operational duties with positive leadership exemplified by open communication, creativity, dedication, and compassion.
- Exercise whatever discretionary authority we have under the law to promote the interest of the poor.
- Lead the community action movement with respect, concern, courtesy, and responsiveness, recognizing that service to the poor is beyond service to oneself.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our community action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the community action movement.
- Serve in such a way that we do not realize undue personal gain from the performance of our professional duties.
- Avoid any interest or activity that is in conflict with the conduct of official duties.
- Respect and protect privileged information to which we have access in the course of official duties.
- Strive for professional excellence and encourage the professional development of our associates, including those seeking to become certified community action professionals.