Head Start & Early Head Start Program
Our programs provide comprehensive child development and holistic family support services to infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and their families.
Early Head Start
EICAP’s Early Head Start (EHS) program serves infants and toddlers birth to age 3, 5 days a week, 6.5 hours a day.
EICAP’s Head Start (HS) program serves children ages 3-5. Our program offers two options:
- Classes 3.5 hours a day, 4 days a week, Sept. through the end of May
- Classes 6 hours a day, 4 days a week, Sept. through the end of July/early August.
Health & Nutrition services include:
- USDA approved meals cooked on-site and served family-style, as children utilize their fine and gross motor skills serving themselves.
- Early diagnostic hearing and vision screenings.
- Registered dietitian services available to all families.
- Help families establish regular medical and dental providers.
Education services include:
- Early intervention screenings that include social, emotional, and developmental.
- Researched-based full curriculum taught to all children ages 0-5, focusing on kindergarten readiness.
- Fully inclusive classrooms that provide support and guidance for children with a wide range of abilities.
- Partnerships with local school districts and other providers to facilitate a coordination of wrap-around services.
- Behavioral observations and implementation of plans to support social and emotional well-being of all children.
Family Services include:
- Utilizing a holistic approach to family well-being.
- Each family is offered one-on-one support through a partnership with a Family Advocate.
- Goal-setting opportunities.
If you are interested in Head Start or Early Head Start for your son or daughter and you meet eligibility guidelines, you can start our application process by filling out this application.
EICAP Head Start Central Office
935 E Lincoln Rd
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
Early Head Start Centers
Head Start Centers